The District and Pepco are committed to engaging District-based contractors and residents, where qualified, to perform DC PLUG work. To identify potential partners, we have held and will continue to schedule supplier forums, networking events and one-on-one meetings with local contracting companies. Opportunities are still available. The scope of work for DC PLUG includes:
- Build manholes (pour-in-place and pre-cast) around energized and de-energized primary voltage (4/13kV) underground distribution cables
- Build concrete encased conduit banks of various sizes and configurations around energized and de-energized primary voltage (4/13kV) underground distribution cables
- Install underground distribution primary voltage (4/13kV) cables, transformers, switches and miscellaneous electrical equipment around energized and de-energized primary voltage (4/13kV) underground distribution cables
- Perform Quality Assurance to ensure distribution cables, transformers, switches and miscellaneous electrical equipment are installed according to company drawings, standards and specifications
- Perform Quality Assurance to ensure distribution manholes, conduit and miscellaneous equipment are installed according to company drawings, standards and specifications
- Provide traffic control tasks to stage and remove various work zone protection schemes and provide flagging services as required by permitting agencies and approved MOT plans
- Design Management of Traffic plans for DDOT review and permit approval based on proposed construction plans
- Provide electrical design services required to underground primary voltage (4/13kV) distribution feeders, transformers, switches and miscellaneous equipment based on the final civil engineering design
- Provide surveying and design services for the removal of the existing overhead infrastructure (4/13kV) to include the removal of primary wires, transformers, switches, poles, capacitors and other miscellaneous equipment
For more specific information about these opportunities or to schedule a meeting with the DC PLUG team to discuss your company’s capacity and capabilities, visit the contact us page.
Visit the Office of Contracting and Procurement website for more information.
To register your business in the Exelon supplier-sourcing database, click here.
Visit the following links for DDOT opportunities and timelines for solicitations:
This post was written by Dylan Fitzgerald